There is a disinfectant and also mild antibiotic called erythromycin; I hope in your country it is available without prescription. It usually kills bacteria and fungi ("skin mushrooms") without any side effect.
If you applied creme before, make sure that all remains are gone, which is best done with a piece of cloth soaked in alcohol, and that's 98 percent pure ethanol, available at pharmacies. THAT process may burn a little, applying the erythromycin, however, won't.
Do NOT cover the affected area with a bandage, because if you do, the erythromicin solution will wander into the bandage instead of into your skin.